Saturday 27 April 2013

A change of pace - an explanation to all my friends and supporters

Good morning/evening


image 123rf.com
Today is a different post from me. I’ve made a decision regarding my blog and given the support and encouragement you’ve all shown me over the last couple of months I feel I owe you an explaination.

This may come to a shock to some of you, but I’m not superwoman. I currently have way more on my plate than I can handle. On top of my usual workload I have some really exciting projects taking off in the next few months, and they’re requiring more and more of my time. I am at the point where, despite working 14+ hours a day, at least 6 days a week, and usually a few hours on a Sunday (much to my partners dismay), I am completely overloaded and personally feel as though I’m not doing justice to anything that is requiring my time.
I love writing this blog, but it isn’t paying my bills! So from now on, instead of my long winded daily posts, I’ll be posting every second day. You may be surprised to know (other bloggers may not be) how much time is involved in writing these posts, editing them, trying to get all the dot points to align perfectly…I mean how hard can it be, just hit backspace… sometimes I think dot points have a mind of their own. There’s looking up pictures; that takes a little while, particularly when you find a picture and it won’t stay in the one spot. Every time you move your mouse away the picture moves too. Embarrassingly I’ve spent way to long trying to get a picture to stay put. Some days it’d be easier to work with kids or animals. Of course computers and I have a sort of ‘need to know basis’ style friendship, so I’ve only recently discovered the hyperlink. Sorry to all of you who read my posts with ridiculously long URL’s stuck throughout.  
I’ve really enjoyed the interaction with a lot of you, whether on Facebook, twitter, Google+ or through blog comments, I’ve really appreciated all the support and I hope that’ll continue and you’ll continue to check in. As always, I’ll do my best to make it worthwhile.Anyway, this is clearly not the end, I have an endless amount of information, useful and otherwise. I, personally, can both talk and type under water. My next blog post will therefore be tomorrow (Sunday 28th).

I appreciate your understanding.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. I understand where you are coming from. I am also dealing with the same problem. Blogging is not my "main thing". I also have a day job that's mainly paying my bills. Just keep connecting and making great content even if your pace has changed. No pressure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would say 'its nice to know i'm not the only one' but i dont know if that fits hehe. May we all find balance :)

      Delete